How to Start a Transformation Facility
WeCan will assist you with the process.
The start up ministry will be organized as a 501c3 with bylaws and policies which include strict guidelines for daily operations.
Step One: Identify and enlist a long-time local leader with integrity, credibility and leadership skills, who is called by God to help organize a start-up team. This step is critical.
Step Two: Select a diverse group of 5 to 15 local people and form a start-up team. Selection normally takes 1-2 months. Some of the duties for start-up team:
- Elect officers.
- Meet bi-weekly to pray, clarify vision and develop unity.
- Choose name and logo for the ministry and promote it.
- “Branding” is critical as soon as possible
- Apply for non-profit status with the state.
- Find a facility such as abandoned school or church.
- Possibly call a part-time person to do the “field work.”
- Plan and promote a vision casting rally.
- Apply to IRS for 501c3 to receive tax deductible donations.
This process normally takes 3-6 months.
Step Three: The Start-up Team will phase out and a Ministry Leadership Team or Board will be established to help provide oversight and promotion of the ministry.
Step Four: Once a facility is obtained and a Director is called, you will launch a very fruitful and fulfilling ministry.
WeCan facility leaders and staff will help through the entire process.
For more specific details, contact Dr. Larry Pillow at email@example.com or call or text at 501-472-3114 or contact Jay Cupit at 501-250-5297.